Bewhere Bluetooth Beacon
The Bewhere Bluetooth Beacon, is a small waterproof ruggedized device that uses BLE (bluetooth low energy), allowing you to track them using your cell phone or tablet. The beacon has many applications from small inventory tracking in warehouse to tracking movements of large items across multiple locations. One of our clients use Bewhere to track their boats. You can find more details here.
How Does It Work?
- The BeWhere Application communicates to BeWhere Beacons through Low Energy Bluetooth® connection on Bluetooth® enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets and BLE/Wi-Fi Gateways.
- The devices transmit their own GPS localisation information as well as the Beacon data to an online database using Wi-Fi or cellular mobile data connection.
- The BeWhere website provides a map based application showing the location of smartphones and tablets along with the location of Beacons and the Beacon data including: proximity, battery level, latitude and longitude
(also transmits data such as: number of impacts, temperature, light exposure and speed)
BeWhere 2 battery Bluetooth beacon, includes two years of tracking service http://bewhere.com/beacon-overview/
- Up to 250m transmission
- IP68 environmental rating weatherproof, ruggedized enclosure
- Operating temperature range: −40 °C to +80 °C
- Dimensions: 77 mm × 55.5 mm × 12.5 mm
- Uses two CR2450 coin size lithium batteries
Minimum 2 year battery life (can be extended to 5-7 years, when programmed to less frequent transmission )
BeWhere Bluetooth / WiFi fixed gateway: http://bewhere.com/connect-and-go/
- The gateway will act as as a relay for the bluetooth beacons
- It can send location without having a cell phone attached.
BeWhere cloud based application:
- Real time Inventory / Equipment location with the ability to pre-assign (categorize) inventory to a specific boat, building or lot location
- Distributed Inventory / Equipment map based location information to all authorized users on all platforms (Android, IOS, Windows)
BeWhere mobile smartphone / tablet based application: No charge
- Locate individual beacons though signal strength indicator (RSSI)
(determine proximity by walking / driving around, through distance measurement to phones and tablets)
- Activate the beacon’s LED and buzzer to help locate it
- This app runs in the background on your device
- Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bewhere.mobile.android.v3&hl=en
- Apple : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bewhere-ble-asset-tracking-solution/id1170750685?mt=8