Custom Reports in Geotab
Geotab allows you to create customize report. All Geotab built in reports can be changed and edited using Microsoft Excel. Using Excel to create custom reports allows for limitless options for analyzing your fleet and driver behavior. Using Microsoft Excel, you can include fleet metrics, charts, formulas, and even match your organization’s color scheme for customer facing reports. The following options are available for customizing reports:
- Make changes to templates using Microsoft Excel.
- Configure user-level access to individual reports.
- Set custom reports as a dashboard.
- Control how often a dashboard is automatically refreshed.
- Schedule reports to be emailed to users.
Here are a few example of custom reports we have created for the client:
- Personal trips on weekends: https://gpstrackingcanada.com/personal-trips-on-weekends.html
- Time sheet: https://gpstrackingcanada.com/automatically-emailed-timesheet-trips-history-report.html
Here are the steps to customize a report,
1. Download the report from your database to your computer. Navigate to Administration –> Reports –> Report Views –> “your report”, and click on the Excel icon on the right hand side to download the report:
2. Open the downloaded file and on top, select Enable Editing and modify the report:
3. Right click on data tabs at the bottom, Unhide Report tab or Data tab as necessary:
4. After you save the modified Excel file on your computer, you can upload it to your database: Navigate to Administration –> Reports –> Report Views, and select “Add Excel File” on top of the page:
5. Drop your file or click to select them on the space that appeared:
6. Your new report is uploaded to the system. All you have to do adjust the settings from the prompted tabs: Make sure you select “Yes” for “Show report in dropdown list” under “report view” tab, as well as adjusting the “Email report” tab to your liking so you receive it in your email:
More Advanced reports in MyGeotab, https://gpstrackingcanada.com/geotab-advanced-report.html
Please click the following link for the official Geotab product guide https://www.geotab.com/product-guide/