Digital Matter Remora (V2)
Long Battery Life asset tracking system.
The Digital Matter Remora 2 is a rugged GPS tracking device that has been designed for super-long battery life is required without sacrificing the frequency of updates and performance.
- The Digital Matter Remora can be integrated in multiple tracking platform such as Geotab and Wialon tracking system to allow you track multiple types of devices in one robust tracking system.
- No install required, simply “place ‘n trace”
- Powered by consumer off the shelf D-cell LTC Battery
- Configure over-the-air (OTA)
- Water resistant IP67 rated rugged housing
- Battery life for up to 5 years as per manufacturer’s specifications. It should conservatively last for 3-4 years*. (*Battery life can vary based on temperature, location of the device, geographic location)
- Ping every 24hr for location.
- Tracking can be set a frequent as 1 minute
- See all your vehicles on the map at the same time, or receive an automatic emailed daily location report (many reports available)
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
Dimensions: L 225 x W 65 x H 30mm
Recovery mode: This mode will change the tracking to a more frequent update on the next update to aid the recovery of the asset. This mode will reduce battery life significantly, to 7-10 days depending on remaining battery life in the device.
Real World Battery Testing:
The real world battery results on the Remora is quite amazing. The in-house battery testing done by Digital Matter on the Remora shows that its has over 3 years of battery life on a Alkaline C-cell batteries. This is based on a 2G cellular device which consumes more battery than the new Remora2 based on the LTE-M technology. The device was configured to upload every 2 hours with a total of 11,814 upload and 9% battery life remaining.
We have also tested this internal for a more accurate vehicle tracking solution. The device lasted 319 days in our test vehicle. This is a 3G Remora device set with 10 minute upload time with 2 minute recording and 24 hour heartbeat. This is tracking is based on a real world scenario of a long haul trailer or truck.