Fleet Size Does Not Matter For GPS Tracking
The size of your fleet does not matter when it comes to adding GPS Tracking to them. GPS Tracking units allow you to get more data and measurements leading to better utilization of your vehicle. We have many posts that talk about larger fleets and how they are useful, but from our experience, we have found that it can be very useful even on a single-vehicle.
Here are a few reasons why GPS Tracking is useful in smaller fleets:
1. Gives you the ability to know where your vehicle is at all time:
Peace of mind is important when running a business. GPS Tracking allows you to keep an eye on your vehicle at any time from anywhere where you have internet. The advantage of tracking your vehicle is the ability to recover your vehicle in case of theft. This is especially important for smaller businesses, where losing one vehicle can have devastating consequences on your day to day operations.
2. Allows you to track driver activities and timesheets:
Running a small business means that you have to make every penny count. The biggest value that our clients find with GPS Tracking is the ability to get an automatically emailed employee timesheet showing when the driver started and ended their day, as well as the locations they have visited.
The employee timesheet allows you to verify your employee’s work hours and make sure that it’s accurate. It also allows you to see if the employees are wasting time during the day with unscheduled breaks and stops.
3. Gives you the ability to manage wear and tear on your vehicles:
In a small business, reducing vehicle downtime is extremely important. You want your vehicles to work as long as possible to maximize profitability. Having a GPS tracking system on your vehicles, allows you to make sure that the vehicles are being driven in an efficient manner.
GPS tracking will allow you to track:
- Harsh braking/acceleration/cornering
- Fuel usage
- Engine diagnostics and engine codes
This data can be used to ensure that your vehicles are being used appropriately.
4. GPS tracking will reduce your cost:
From our many years of experience in the industry, we found that a GPS Tracking system almost always pays for itself. Most of our clients decide to purchase a tracking system because it is a cost-cutting tool.
GPS Tracking will help you reduce the following costs:
- Time Theft: The employee timesheet will allow you to track your employee’s hours, reducing payroll costs. This is the most effective and quickest way we have seen our clients get a return on investment.
- Improve Efficiency: A tracking system will allow you to make sure your vehicles are driven in a more efficient manner, reducing fuel costs, idling cost and other vehicle maintenance expenditures.
- Reduce Accidents and Insurance Premiums: Many insurance companies provide discounts on their premiums if your vehicle is equipped with GPS Tracking. Therefore, you can realize an immediate return on investment for equipping your vehicle with GPS Tracking. Furthermore GPS Tracking allows you to detect and reconstruct accidents, allowing you to have data to make sure exactly who was at fault during an accident and keep your insurance records clean.
With all the savings and advantages of a GPS Tracking system, you can see that the system is valuable even a small single vehicle. We at GPS Tracking Canada deal with a variety of fleet sizes and types. Our expertise comes from making sure all our clients take advantage of the benefits of GPS Tracking.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or anything else, please contact us.