Information about Geotab Alerts
The Geotab system uses two concepts to send alerts:
1. Rules: Custom or preset rules for specific conditions of the vehicle. ( eg in a zone for longer than 15m, speeding 10 kph over the limit over 2 minutes, or idling greater than 10 minutes, back at yard)
2. Exception: Created when a rule is broken.
There are a few ways you can receive alerts after and exception is created. Any and all combination of these alerts can be setup for each individual accounts.
1. On screen notification: Once a rule is broken and exception is created a triangle will popup notifying that which vehicle is breaking the rule. It will also show up on trips history.
2. On Screen Urgent popup: This alert will pop up in you main map screen and will stay there until its dismissed. That way you will not miss any alerts.
3. Email/Text alert: Alert can also be set to be email or texted to you. As soon as a rule is broken, the system will generate the alert and it will take a minute or two be sent out to your email or cell phone.
4. In cab beeping: Geotab GO7 units and above can be setup for in cab beeping when a vehicle crosses a preset speed set in the system. Unfortunately, this can only be setup based on a specific speed and not the road speed limit. If a vehicle goes over the speed set in the system, the device will start beeping. The in cab beeping can also be setup for idling, where if a vehicle is idling over a certain period of time, the device will start beeping.
All alerts in Geotab can also be sent to anyone via email/text. Speeding alerts based on road speed limit can be sent drivers. It will not be real time but the recipient will get it within a minute or two from the time the rule is triggered.