Geotab GO5 Problem Diagnosis
Investigating Possible GO5 Malfunction
GPS Tracking Canada Support
…back to online help – Geotab User Guide…
In order that we may better assist you, please investigate the answers these questions:
- What is the vehicle called on your database?
- Do you know specifically the date / time the incident was first noticed?
- Do you have the unit tied into the engine diagnostics port with a lock tie?
- Can you confirm if the unit is inserted snug or is there any play?
- Where is the unit located? Is it near the front of the dash or buried deep at the back? (We need to know if there may be signal obstruction)
- We need you to do the following:
- With the engine off, remove the unit
- Re-insert the unit and listen for 3 quick beeps and all 3 lights
(red, greenish yellow, blue) to flash solid quickly and then go out
- Turn on the engine and look at the lights. They should come on in this order:
- Red comes on quickly – it is power
- Green (greenish / yellowish) comes on next after 20-30 seconds – it is the wireless GSM signal
- Blue – comes on after 1-3 minutes – it is GPS.
- All lights should continue to stay on while the vehicle is on
- Record the time when you do this procedure so that we can see look at the corresponding data on the computer.