Geotab GO Talk
The Geotab GO TALK provides real-time feedback to drivers about their safety and performance on the road. With the GO TALK, the fleet manager adds a tool for improving long-term driving skills by notifying the driver when they exceed allowable conditions.
The GO TALK aims to improve bad driving habits while forming good ones without overbearing intervention. It pushes drivers to continuously improve their skills through a digital coach in lieu of simple alerts.
IOX-GOTALK uses text-to-speech to provide real-time spoken alerts to drivers based on predefined rules in English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian. Any rules that the GO device currently uses to send alerts to drivers can be used with the GO TALK. Regardless of cellular coverage, immediate feedback is given to the on the following device-based rules:
- Idling beyond a customer-configurable threshold
- Speeding above a customer-configurable threshold
- Approaching the maximum speed limit defined by the customer
- Reminds a driver when they fail to swipe their NFC fob or sticker (Requires driver ID system)
- Revving surpasses a customer-configurable threshold (i.e. 4000 RPMs) (Require Pro Plan)
- “Dangerous Driving” as defined by the customer (Require Pro Plan)
- Seat belt usage (if supported by the vehicle) (Require Pro Plan)
- With the addition of Active Tracking, drivers will get near-real-time feedback (generally within 5-10 seconds) when in good coverage from MyGeotab-based rules as well.
You can customize the specific words the alert will speak to the driver for MyGeotab-based rules. This allows you to create a message specifically tailored to the personality or attitude of each driver, ensuring the message will fully resonate with them and will succeed in improving their behaviour. Include tokens such as driver name, address of the violation, and zone name to provide the driver with a detailed account as to where and when the violation occurred.
- Plug-&-Play IOX® to the Geotab® GO device
- Provides real-time feedback to drivers
- Supports real-time spoken alerts in English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian
- Improves driver safety and enhances driving skills
Here are couple of videos showing a general overview and installation of the GOTALK device: