Geotab GPS Tracking System Hardware:
Geotab GPS tracking system models
have an in-vehicle buzzer
to help modify unwanted driver behaviour
This is a key differentiator that sets Geotab apart
from other GPS tracking systems
This brief video demonstrates how to setup parameters in Geotab GPS tracking system, for the in-vehicle buzzer, so that is used to modify unwanted driver behaviour, which
- wastes fuel
- causes excessive vehicle wear
- compromises driver and public safety
Fully customizable parameters to activate the in-vehicle buzzer are
listed below. The buzzer can be enabled for any or all of these activities listed
below. The in-vehicle buzzer can be totally disabled. It’s your choice.
- speeding costs money: wastes fuel, unsafe, unlawful, excessive vehicle wear
- engine idling costs money: wastes fuel, unsafe, unlawful, excessive vehicle wear, pollutes
- engine over revving – rapid acceleration costs money: wastes fuel, unsafe, excessive vehicle wear
- harsh braking costs money: wastes fuel, unsafe, excessive vehicle wear
- auxiliary input activation: any type of sensor, ie. door sensor – driver left rear door open
The buzzer beeps continuously until the behaviour is modified.
The in-vehicle buzzer makes your life easier, because you don’t have be directly involved in managing your drivers to modify their unwanted behaviour.