Geotab User Guide
OBDII Extension Cable
for Geotab GPS Tracking Systems
If you are unable to make the adjustment to reposition the OBDII port, you can make use of an OBDII extension cable, or a T-harness.
OBDII Extension Cable Purpose:
- Used to lengthen the connection for the Geotab GO tracking device
- Helps protect the device by moving it out of harm’s way of the driver.
- Required on vehicles where:
- the engine diagnostics port (OBD II) location would result in the device hindering the driver’s safe movement into and out of the vehicle
- the OBDII location prevents the secure connection of the GO device
- Allows for convert installation by enabling the device to be tucked up and out of the way, hidden from drivers and thieves
Max length of connected cables: 6.5 feet (2 meters)
Length: 39 inches (1 meter)
For any adapter or harness, please keep in mind that the GPS tracking unit must not be positioned where the signal will be completely blocked by metal.