Geotab User Guide
OBDII Extension Cable
for Geotab GPS Tracking Systems
OBDII Extension Cable Purpose:
- Used to lengthen the connection for the Geotab GO tracking device
- Helps protect the device by moving it out of harm’s way of the driver.
- Required on vehicles where:
- the engine diagnostics port (OBD II) location would result in the device hindering the driver’s safe movement into and out of the vehicle
- the OBDII location prevents the secure connection of the GO device
- Allows for convert installation by enabling the device to be tucked up and out of the way, hidden from drivers and thieves
Max length of connected cables: 6.5 feet (2 meters)
Length: 39 inches (1 meter)
For any adapter or harness, please keep in mind that the GPS tracking unit must not be positioned where the signal will be completely blocked by metal.