Since the Oyster device is battery operated, it is a good practice to periodically check in on the remaining battery voltage.
The remaining battery voltage of your integrated Oyster device can be viewed from the MyGeotab platform by following these steps:
- Go to Engine & Maintenance > Engine and Device > Measurements
- Options > date period (for any desired date period to see battery life over time)
- Choose the asset(s) under vehicles
- For Diagnostics, click Reset selection to remove all
- Search for “Battery Voltage”
- Click Apply changes
You will be able to see the battery voltage* over the chosen date period:
At full capacity, the battery voltage will read around 5.4V.
*Please note that it may appear that the device battery voltage dips down for one reading and then back up again, this is normal. What is important is to evaluate the overall trend.
These devices should be using lithium or LTC batteries. Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries are guaranteed not to leak.
Alkaline batteries are not recommended due to a shorter battery life and that they are prone to leakage. We can make no guarantees regarding the life expectancy of the device when you use alkaline batteries. Any damage to the units due to leaking batteries is not covered under warranty.