Video and GPS Tracking Integration
The SmartWitness camera KP1S is the world’s most advanced incident camera with powerful 3G (or Wi-Fi) video transmission, built-in tracking and telematics data. Developed to provide evidence of events leading up to and during a road traffic accident, the KP1S provides instant notifications & videos of incidents in less than a minute.
The SmartWitness camera KP1S features a 720p wide angle HD camera, 3-Axis G-Sensor, Microphone, Two SD card slots, integrated GPS receiver, permanent power cable with optional vehicle input sensors, & a tamper-resistant design. An optional 2nd camera (‘plug & play’) can be connected to the main unit for recording the driver, rear of the vehicle, or side view/blindspot.
The SmartWitness camera KP1S features a 720p HD wide angle (170°) lens to provide a comprehensive view of any road event. The KP1S will record exactly what happened before, during and after an incident. It does this by recording the following information: Drivers view of the road, Vehicle Location, Impact Force of Accident, Audio, & Driving Style (speed, acceleration, braking, & steering) .
This evidence can protect a driver from many of the issues faced on the roads today: Insurance fraud, Staged Accidents, False/Exaggerated Whiplash Claims, Conflicting Reports of Actual Events, Driving Offence Allegations (speeding, traffic signal violations, swerving, etc).
When a 3G SIM card or Wi-Fi dongle is inserted into the KP1S’s USB input (inside the locking cover), KP1S is able to send video and driving data wirelessly. Customers can use the KP1S to transmit safety critical video and data via email, directly to a server (SmartWitness server software required), or integrate with Telematics Software (Please contact us for a list of compatible telematics software). The KP1S can also be used as a stand-alone system utilizing only the SD cards to review video & data
- HD 170° Wide Angle Lens on primary Camera
- Optional 2nd Camera can be connected
- Several 2nd Camera options: weatherproof, infrared, dome, side view, etc.
- Dual Record mode (Continuous + Event)
- Optional Audio Recording
- Connects directly to vehicle ignition power, automated operation.
- Tamper-Resistant Design, Key required to access SD card Data
- GPS data records full time to provide location data, vehicle speed, and accurate time/date
- Adjustable Resolution & Frame Rate
- Built-in G-Shock Sensor (adjustable sensitivity)
- Junction box option for connecting vehicle inputs: left/right turn signals, brakes, reverse, car horn, door opening, taxi meter, emergency lights, etc.
- Optional 3G transmission when active SIM card is inserted into KP1S
- Optional WiFi transmission when INT3 WiFi modem is inserted into KP1S
Playback & Analysis
- PC Analysis Software Included
- Optional 3G: sends 10 second MP4 file immediately after incident
- Optional WiFi: transmits the pending emails once KP1S connects to WiFi AP
- Request HD video on demand by sending email to KP1S
- Server Software & AVL/Telematics Integration also available
- Filter Data Search by Time/Date, Event, Vehicle Speed, G-Force level
- AVI Conversion Tool. Data Remains Watermarked.
- Privacy masking feature for blurring out faces or license plate numbers
- Google Maps Integration for Route Tracking
- Advanced Driver Behavior Analysis & Reporting Software
- Save/Print Event Reports
- OTA Software & Firmware Updates
- API available for direct integration with Telematics/AVL software. Ability to Live-stream images remotely from any vehicle.
What’s in the box?
- SmartWitness camera KP1S Commercial Dash Camera
- Adjustable Winshield Bracket Mount with 3M adhesive pad
- Key set for locking cover
- Permanently connected lead cables for power/junction box & 2nd camera
- Standard Power Cable with unterminated connections Power (IGN+) and Ground (-)
- Adhesive Cable Clips for clean installation
- User Manual