Universal 16-pin (OBD II ) T-harness installation:
The video above is from another one of our partners but the installation is the same. Only the device is different. The OBD II T-harness is very easy to install and can be used to place the device behind the dash and frees up the OBDII port. Here are the instructions showing you how to install the T-Harness.
16-Pin T-Harness installation.
- Locate the diagnostic port, usually found under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Identify the type of port connection, either screws or a snap. Remove the screws or unsnap the port. Connect one end of the 16-pin harness to the diagnostic port.
- Connect the device to the other end. You will see two lights on the device will flash briefly.
- Secure the device in place with a zip tie.
- [With the vehicle parked outdoors to locate satellites and vent exhaust fumes], turn on the ignition. The LED will start flashing. Red indicates Cell connection. Green indicates GPS latch. Wait for both LEDs to come on. Once both LEDs are solid the device should be connecting properly.
- Zip tie the harness and the device up under the dash to a permanent location. To ensure quality of data, the device must not move in any way under the dash. Select the correct plate that fits the port and screw or snap into place. The installation is complete.
Universal 16 pin OBDII T-Harness Kit for the GO device
After the device is plugged in, it may take a short drive (5 minutes, above 15km/h) for the GPS to register it’s location properly. You can check the map in the system or call us during our business hours to verify.
After this short drive, all of the lights should stay on until you turn off the vehicle.